Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The journey begins

This is the first of what I hope to be many entries detailing the events of the next year of our lives. We have now completed yet another chapter of the text book we call med school. As we turn the page and leave Ashland we will miss the friends we've made here and the times we've spent at Bellefonte, but we move forward with high hopes and great anticipation of the things to come.

I moved away from home at the age of twenty and have lived in a different place every year since, priding myself on how quickly I could pack my belongings. I did not, however, anticipate how difficult it would be to prioritize everything I own and live from two bags all year. It was a very frustrating and yet humbling experience. We are blessed with so much and most times still feel it's never enough!

My goals for this year (outside of sweeping boards, acing my interviews and landing an awesome residency spot) are to see the world... as God sees it- with a bleeding heart and eyes wide open, ready to embrace it. I want to soak up everything the world has to offer and hopefully make a an impact along the way.

It's been a long journey and the road is finally winding down but I feel like it's only beginning. We are so close to finally realizing our ultimate goal of being physicians and as we draw closer we would like to invite you to join us in our quest for adventure, knowledge, and faith.

1 comment:

  1. Love the entry... One? Why didn't you sed menthe link? I had to find this on mother's page!

    Krista

    ReplyDelete